About


All Saints' was originally organized in 1895 as St. Mary's Church, meeting in private homes, and the S. Gilbert Comstock house. In 1904 land for a church building was given to the Missionary Society of the Diocese of Connecticut by Isabell J. Doane, daughter of Marsena Whiting Comstock, whose family owned the major local industry in Ivoryton, the Comstock Cheney Company.

In 1905 the cornerstone of the present church building was laid by The Reverend O.H. Raferty, Arch Deacon. The parish hall was added to the church in 1948. In 1959 the house west of the church was purchased for use as a vicarage. A succession of shared and / or part time priests served the parish until 1988, when All Saints' joined the Middlesex Regional Ministry with five other churches. In 1992 All Saints' entered into a partnership with St. John's Church in Essex, which ended in 2000. At that time the people of All Saints' resolved to stand alone. With the help of a part time priest the parish is moving forward.

In 1995 there was a Centennial Celebration of the organizing of St. Mary's Church, Ivoryton, and in 2005 there was a second centennial celebration marking the laying of All Saints' cornerstone. (note name change) 

The parish works with other local churches in various ministries in feeding the hungry, clothing the needy and supporting families in various ways.  All Saints' also provides assistance to various local agencies that seerve the common good.

The stated mission of All Saints' is:

Our Mission is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with our neighbors through Worship, Education, Outreach and Fellowship.

The clergy, lay leaders and members of All Saints' accept this as a challenge to live out in the life of our community.

We welcome new members and look forward to a long future in Ivoryton.